Youth Policy Institute

Returning Candidate?

Intake Specialist- Central YouthSource

Intake Specialist- Central YouthSource

Job ID 
# of Openings 
Job Locations 
US-CA-Los Angeles
Social Services
Job Type 
Regular Full-Time

More information about this job


  • Attend to clients as the point of entry to the programs.
  • Facilitate new participant orientation.
  • Work closely with staff to support all activities relating to the department and perform duties related to the program outcomes as requested by case managers.
  • Schedule client appointments and conduct routine follow-ups.
  • Participate in all appropriate sessions, trainings and meetings.
  • Perform general office duties, such as ordering supplies, answering phone calls, maintaining records in management database, and filing corporate documents, records and reports.
  • Assist staff by answering inquiries and monitoring customer flow.
  • Use the following computer programs: Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office Word, and the calculator.
  • Compile reports for staff, management, and partners.
  • Enter data and administer ETO and city database.
  • Handle other duties as assigned.


  • High school diploma required or GED completed. Currently attending college preferred.
  • 2 years experience in community, social, public school system and/or volunteer work.
  • 2 years experience working in the non-profit field.
  • Minimum of two years paid Administrative Assistance experience.
  • Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong written and interpersonal skills.
  • Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
  • Bilingual/Spanish preferred.
  • Experience working with individuals with diverse ethnic, social and educational backgrounds.
  • Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment.
  • Must present proof of being free of active Tuberculosis (TB) prior to beginning employment. All TB clearances must be conducted no more than 60 days prior to start of employment.
  • Must have access to reliable transportation.  If applicable, will be required to provide proof of current California driver license, acceptable driving record (current DMV H6 printout), and current liability auto insurance.